Ways to upgrade RAM on a laptop
Has your laptop been acting slow recently, or it hangs anytime you open so many tabs on your web browser? It takes time to load an image? Type a sentence? You can’t even enjoy your games because of the sluggishness of your laptop. Luckily, this problem can be solved. How? by adding more RAM. The issue of your Pc slowing down is caused by not having too much internal memory. You can add to the memory and solve this problem. Many modern systems today give you access to the RAM and allow you to upgrade the RAM.
Upgrading doesn’t even cost you much or require so much effort. It is swift and affordable. If you’d like to upgrade your RAM from 4GB to 8GB, it typically costs about 30$. It depends on if you want to get the whole amount or you just need extra RAM storage. Replacing the RAM chip should take about 10 minutes, depending on how many screws you need to remove. How to upgrade RAM on your laptop:
Steps To Take
Empty your installation area and ensure you’re operating in a static-safe environment. Try to remove any plastic baggage or papers from your workspace. Then, you’ll need the next items:
- Your laptop
- the laptop memory
- Owner’s manual
- Switch off your laptop and face it upside down. This way, you’ll be able to see the battery at the bottom of your pc. You, then, take out the laptop battery. Your laptop manual can help you in doing that. Usually, there’s a button you keep down while you pull the battery out.
- After removing your battery, the next step is to unscrew the screw you see using a screwdriver that fits. You can get a screwdriver anywhere, and they are cheap. Just be sure to get the one that can work with the screws on your laptop. Next, you remove the panel which you just unscrewed. Be careful in doing this, so you do not break anything important. After popping up this panel, your RAM becomes visible.
- You must have bought RAM storage that is compatible with your laptop. You can get it online on the crucial website or go to any store in your area that sells reliable parts of a system like SLOT, 3CHUB, and many more.
- Here comes the most crucial step, installing the RAM. Look for the proper orientation. Place the RAM into that space beside the RAM storage gently and slowly. Try to push it down while placing it. Push it down until you hear the pop sound. Your RAM has been put well.
- Screw the panel back on correctly and tightly. Place your battery back on and click on the power button. Being as this is your first time powering on your system since you inserted a new RAM, it might take a while to come on. When it’s on, click on ALT+CTRL=DEL simultaneously to start the task manager. It is here you’ll be able to see that the two slots are working perfectly.
Now, you have learned how to upgrade your RAM storage.
Thank you for reading