Being under the impression that the easiest in creating a website for your business or personal use requires much capital or the ability to speak fluent geek, then you’re wrong!
Now, we are in a time when it’s much easier to create your website without even knowing how to write a line of code. Nowadays, it’s very easy to create a functional, professional, and customized website for your business or even personal passions within few hours. First-timers with little tech skills will find it enjoyable to create their own custom site!
One of the best hosting options for sites running on WordPress is Bluehost. Moreover, research has it that since 2005, WordPress has recommended Bluehost, and the company offers WordPress hosting plans that do automate installation and updates, and also provide expert WordPress support.
Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans that will fit the security needs and budgets of your website, this includes e-commerce and commercial enterprise websites, assuring you of the safety of your data.
Setting Up Bluehost
• First, go to www.bluehost.com and click “Get Started” to start your journey.
• You will see the different plan options, to select your plan. But if you want to get started with a simple website, then I do recommend the “basic” plan.
• Now, remember that Bluehost will offer you a domain for free; at this very point is where you would claim your domain in the “Create a new domain” box. But if you already own a domain, then use the “Use a domain you own box.”
• If the domain you choose is available, you will see a message displaying that it is available, for to create a new account. You can do this manually by entering your information in the provided space, or better still use your Google account to sign up.
• Next, you will ask to confirm your hosting package and the length of the plan: 12, 24, or 36 months. Well, the longer plan, the bigger the discount you will get. Choose a 36-month plan, if you want to commit to your new site for the long term. If you not sure and do want to spend the least amount of money possible, it’s advised you choose the 12-month plan.
• Any of the hosting plans you selected, you will be asked to select any extras you want. Well, I do recommend the “Domain Privacy + Protection” add-on. Consequently, this will hide your personal information from the public (that’s the whois database).
• Next, input your payment information. Pay with your credit card or click “more payment options” to pay with your PayPal account, that’s if you have one. By clicking “Submit” you have accepted the terms and conditions of Bluehost.
• After purchasing, you will immediately receive an email with the invoice for your purchase in your inbox. Then, click on “Create an account.”
• Create your own password for the domain you just bought by clicking “Create Account” and get started immediately!
• Log in and answer a few simple questions to set up your own site.
When you log in, you will be in the Bluehost control panel. At this point, you will choose a theme for your website. But I do recommend you skip this step and configure your website using WordPress.
Research has proved that WordPress is the most popular CMS (Content Management System). More than 25% of the websites you see running on the WordPress platform. It has an easy-to-use interface, constant updates, and even extensive theme options. This is the content management system that I recommend for you.
WordPress makes it much easier for you to start and run your own website in a fully functional way. Moreover, it is one of the simplest platforms that you can use to create your website without any coding experience.