Creating PDF file may be easy using offline tools like adobe reader or MSword (2013 version upwards) but that is not the same in terms of merging PDF files.
If you are looking for ways to merge PDF files and you have access to the internet then your problem can be solved in a matter of minutes. But the reverse may be the case if you do not have access to the internet.
We will be discussing the online tools that can help you merge any number of PDF files if you have enough data to do it online then stick around and read through this post. Below is a list of online tools that will enable you to merge PDF files:
- ADOBE ACROBAT
- SMALL PDF
- SODA PDF
- COMBINE PDF
- I LOVE PDF
- FREE PDF CONVERT
- PDF 2GO
- PDF JOINER
- PDF24 TOOLS
- PDF RESIZER
- GO NITRO
Now let us discuss the steps you need to follow to use any of these online tools to merge your pdf files.
To merge multiple files into a single PDF using Adobe Acrobat, follow the below instruction:
- Launch Acrobat DC. To combine files, open the Tools tab and chose ‘Combine Files’
- Add File. To add files you want to include in your PDF click on the ‘Add Files’
- Arrange and delete content. You can adjust or remove any content you don’t want by clicking, dragging and dropping to reorder files or press ‘Delete’.
- Combine files. Once you have finished arranging the files, click on the ‘Combine Files’
- Save as a PDF file. The last step is to name your file and save it by clicking on the ‘Save’ button.
To use small PDF to merge your PDF follow the steps below:
- Drag & Drop your PDFs into the PDF combiner
- Rearrange individual pages or entire files in the desired order
- Add more files, rotate or delete files, if needed
- Click ‘Merge PDF’ to execute the combine command
- Download the PDF afterwards
- Select the files you want to merge by dragging and dropping from your computer into the website page section for file upload. You can as well upload the files from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Rearrange the PDF files by dragging and repositioning each file
- Merge the files by clicking the ‘merge’ section
- You can email the file to your email address or download it directly into your computer.
Follow the steps below to merge PDF files OFFLINE using SODA PDF:
- Download and install Soda PDF Desktop app into your computer
- Launch the Soda PDF desktop app
- Upload all the files you intend to merge into it
- Edit, compress, split, secure, and merge the PDF files offline
- Save the merged PDF file in your computer
Follow these steps to use Combine PDF to merge multiple PDF files:
- Select up to 20 PDF files and images from your computer or drag them to the drop area.
- Drag-and-drop file blocks to change the order. When you are ready to proceed, click the ‘COMBINE’ button.
Using I Love PDF for merging is very simple. All you need to do is to upload all the PDf files to the website page by clicking on the ‘Select PDF files’ button located at the centre of the page. Thereafter, click on the ‘Merge’ button at the menu/header section of the website.
Choose the PDF files or any other document file from your computer and upload them to the website page by clicking the “Choose PDF file” button. You equally have the options to choose files from your Google Drive account, Dropbox account, or enter a file path website address to upload an online file.
Click on the small arrow pointing downwards at the right of the place written “Online PDF Merger”. You will list of options of what to do with the files you have uploaded. Click on the “Merge PDF” as indicated by the arrow in the picture below.
PDF 2GO is another free online that makes it easy to merge your PDF files. Follow the below steps to merge your PDF files:
Upload the PDF files you want to merge. You have the options of uploading from Dropbox, Google Drive, or website address.
Arrange the files by dragging and placing them in the order you want them to be merged in.
You can optionally position all documents in descending or ascending order by using the respective buttons.
Tap the “Save” to open the saving options and Tap again on “Save” to get your merged document.
Docupub offers you the option of merging any file format into PDF. It is very easy to use. Just click on the “Choose File” button to upload the required files from your device and hit the “Merge Files” to execute the merging.
Docupub has limited file size per upload which is 24megabites (24Mb), if you have large files you intend to merge this option may not work properly.
SignNow is a unique platform that enables you to merge files and do other special things such as leaving a signature on the files (e-Signature), you can store and share the merged files, and lots of other services. As a platform, you have to create an account on the website and login to execute your task.
Also, the services have priced this implies that it is not a free service. However, you still have the option of running a ‘Free Trial’ account.
Here are procedures to create a free account and run your first file merging service:
Create an account using the signup form or your Google account or Facebook account.
On your account dashboard, click the ‘Upload’ and choose your PDFs.
You can change the template in a powerful PDF with fillable fields.
Complete your new form and hit the ‘Done’ button.
You can visit https://signnow.com for more information.
PDF Joiner is a simple online tool that enables you to join a good number of PDF files into a single file. The operation is very simple and quick.
Just hit the “UPLOAD FILES” button to upload all the PDF files from your device to form a queue on the page. Then hit the “JOIN FILES” button and that is all.
Sejda is another tool with extension services. The premium plan starts from $7.50/month and you will have the following extra features; Browser-based access to all PDF tools, unlimited documents, page, or hour usage, you can process multiple files at the same time, more processing time per task, up to 21 minutes, large file uploads, up to 500Mb per file, and email support.
Meanwhile, the free service includes; specific number of pages and hours of file merging, limited file upload, and tool-specific limits.
To use the free service, just hit on the upload tab to upload from your device or hit on the right arrow button of the upload tab to reveal the list of options available for you. Then scroll down to hit the merge button.
Sejda equally has an option for an offline merging of files all you need you is to download the Sejda in your Desktop.
If you are looking for a totally free PDF file merging tool then try PDF24 Tools. It is easy, simple, and completely free service. Simply click on the “Choose Files” button to upload the PDF files to the website page and hit on the merge command.
PDF Resizer is a totally free PDF file merging platform that has other free services incorporated into it. Just visit the website at https://pdfresizer.com/merge click on the ‘Choose Files’ and select the files from your device then click the upload button.
Upload all the files you need to merge and hit the button below the page.
Go Nitro is another platform that makes it possible to merge PDF files. However, it is not a free service or tool like most other mentioned earlier. In Go Nitro, you have to create an account on the website and choose a plan for the website services and proceed to do whatever you wish on the platform which includes merging of PDF files.