Tired of twitter rants and bullying, then you are the right place. This post gives a step by step on how to delete your twitter account.
To delete your twitter account is simple, but first we have to call your attention to certain issues. The moment you deactivate your account, your display name, public profile and username won’t be viewable on the micro-blogging platform. However, twitter recommends you make your username and email address re-usable before deactivating your account. Therefore, you can restore your account within 30 days of deleting which is called the deactivation period after which your account is permanently deleted.
Twitter makes it easier for you to make your email address and Username re-usable after 30 days of deactivating your account.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit the web twitter.com via your web browser, click on settings and privacy, on the drop down menu select the Profile Icon
- Choose a new username
- Change your email address to a new address you own in the field for email address.
- Click save changes at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your password after you have been prompted to confirm that you want to save changes
- A mail will be automatically sent to you to Confirm your new email address.
This means that your email and username will be available to use in creating a new account if you decide to sign up again during the 30 days period when your account is being deactivated.
Then you can go ahead to delete your account.
Steps to delete your Twitter account.
- Go to the navigation menu, tap on your “Profile Icon” click on “Settings and privacy”
- In the “account” section, scroll down to the bottom
- Click on “Deactivate Your Account”. Ensure to read information about deactivating your account before you proceed.
- Enter your password
- Click on “Deactivate”
- Tap, “Yes, deactivate” to confirm that your request.