Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, or nervous.
Stress is your body’s reaction to a challenge or demand. Learning healthy ways to cope and getting the right care and support can help reduce stressful feelings and symptoms.
WHAT CAUSES STRESS?
Feelings of stress are normally triggered by things happening in your life which involves:
1.Being under lots of pressure.
2. Facing financial challenges.
3.Worrying over something or someone.
4. Not having much or any control over the outcome of a situation.
5.Having responsibilities that you’re finding overwhelming.
6. Caring for very young children or a sick loved one.
7.Times of uncertainty.
SIGNS OF TOO MUCH STRESS
Stress can cause many types of physical and emotional symptoms. Sometimes, you may not realize these symptoms are caused by stress. Here are some signs that stress may be affecting you:
1.Diarrhea or constipation
3.Frequent aches and pains
5.Lack of energy or focus
7.Stiff jaw or neck
9.Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
11.Weight loss or gain
HEALTHY WAYS TO COPE WITH STRESS
Feeling emotional and nervous or having trouble sleeping and eating can all be normal reactions to stress. Here are some healthy ways you can deal with stress:
1.Take care of yourself. Eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of sleep, and give yourself a break if you feel stressed out.
2. Talk to others. Share your problems and how you are feeling and coping with a parent, friend, counselor, doctor, or pastor.
3. Avoid drugs and alcohol. These may seem to help, but they can create additional problems and increase the stress you are already feeling.
4. Take a break. If news events are causing your stress, take a break from listening or watching the news.
5. Recognize when you need more help. If problems continue or you are thinking about suicide, talk to a psychologist, social worker, or professional counselor
6. Do what makes you happy