Some year’s ago, the Federal Government made the registration of BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER(BVN) compulsory for every citizen of Nigeria from 18 years and above. It was made so important such that without your BVN you won’t be able to use your bank account or carry out other important registrations nationwide. A lot of persons scrambled to get theirs done. Some time in the year 2020, The Federal Government gave another directive that all BVNs should be linked with SIM CARDS that are in use.
There are many ways to check your BVN. In this article, you will be shown how to check it online and also how to use your phone to check it.
NOTE: If you are yet to register on the NIBSS portal kindly do so before you login for the first time.
- Login to NIBSS BVN Online Portal.
- In the first box provided, input your BVN.
- In the second box, input your date of birth, in this order – Date-Month-Year.
- Click on validate.
1. To check your Bank Verification Number (BVN) using either your MTN, Airtel, 9mobile and Glo sims.
Simply Dial *565*0# to check your Bank Verification Number (BVN) from your mobile phone at N20 only. It is absolutely easy and stress free. The line has to be the mobile no attached to your bank account.
2. To check your Bank Verification Number using your bank account
The same code *565*0# can be used to check your BVN using your bank account. The code is also known as BVN code.
Next time you find yourself in a jam and you need to check your BVN quickly try any of the following ways listed above.