Just as the name goes, iTunes Gift Card is not a new name to all iPhone and Apple products users. You are reading this post probably because you want to how you can buy iTunes Gift Card and use it in Nigeria, do not worry we have got your answer covered.
Before now, it has not been easy for Nigerians using Apple products to access and use iTunes Gift Cards because the services seem not available to Nigerian Apple products users. However, as the number of users increases and demand to access all the good features of the iPhone keeps rising, more platforms now go into the business of offering the services to Nigerian iPhone users.
Normally, whenever you receive iTunes Gift you will need to redeem it. Redeeming the iTunes Gift Card is like recharging it (in local terms), it is a progress that enables you to transfer the money in the Card into your Apple account.
When you successfully redeem your Card the amount in the Card will be credited to your Apple account. The money in your Apple account can now be used to pay for games, music, movies, and apps, etc. anywhere use by signing into account Apple account with your Apple ID.
For Nigerians, the process is the same except for the fact that we need to buy the Card online or get it sent to us via email. No matter how you received the iTunes Gift Card the important is to know how you can redeem it successfully without making a mistake.
According to information from Ogbonge blog, Quickteller partnered with iCadia to help Nigerians use their ATM Card for payment of US iTunes gift Cards. This has been in operation since 2018. However, there is the possibility of using other means. If any exists, it will be added later in this paragraph in the next update of this post.
HOW TO REDEEM iTunes GIFT CARD
Redeeming iTunes gift Card is not as difficult as you may think. If you have not done it before it will look a bit difficult but the steps below will enable you to redeem the Card successfully into your Apple account.
- Look at the back of the iTunes Gift Card, you will see a sealed section on the Card.
- Gently peel out the sealed section to reveal the 16 digits pin code for the Card.
- Open you’re your iPhone’s or iPad’s App Store by clicking on the “App Store” icon on your device screen. The App Store icon is ‘A’ written in white colour with a blue background.
- Once the App store opens, click on the “Today” button located beneath the screen on the left side.
- Once the Today button opens, click on the human icon that bears your account options.
- You will see a list of options under the “Personalized Recommendations”.
- The list of options is; “Redeem Gift Card or Code”, “Send Gift Card by Email”, and “Add Funds to Apple ID”. Click on the first option which is “Redeem Gift Card or Code”.
- The next page that will open will provide two options for you to redeem the Gift Card. You can either use your phone camera to scan/capture the code on the card or enter the code manually.
- To use the camera option, click on the “Use Camera” button. The action will launch your phone camera get it ready to capture the gift Card redemption code. When it is done correctly the Card will be redeemed and credited to Apple account.
- If you can’t use the camera option because of a camera fault or any reason, the next option is to use the manual method. To do that, click on the “You can also enter your code manually” button.
- On the space that opens, type the 16-digit code and include the ‘X’ in the code.
- Before hitting the “Redeem” button, ensure that the code on the card matches the code on your phone screen. The two options will display the code in the Card on the phone screen. This implies that the camera option will automatically display the code on the Card on the phone screen once you use the camera to capture the code.
- If the code matches the one on the Card, go ahead and click the “Redeem” button to redeem the Card.