Booking a flight can be the next option after applying for your visa or during the application process. It does not necessarily mean you should pay for the flight immediately rather for a seat reservation.
You may find it difficult to book a flight if you are doing it for the first time. However, this post will explain the procedures for you. In other words, after reading this post you should be able to book both domestic flight and international flight successfully.
Almost all the flight-booking websites have similar procedures. Knowing how to book a flight on one platform can help you to know how to book the flight on other platforms. The procedure for booking a domestic flight and an international flight is the same. The exception is the requirements of the two. The requirements when booking an international flight is not the same as that of a domestic flight.
I will be highlighting several ways you can book a flight in Nigeria and the websites/companies that carry out the booking.
HOW YOU CAN BOOK A FLIGHT ONLINE EASILY
Booking flight online has become a major source of booking because of the advantages it offers to travellers. It makes it very easy to book any flight both domestic and international from the comfort of your home.
In online booking, you will need to enter your details on the travelling company’s website to initiate the process. Here is the process to do that using the website of Arik Airline as an example;
Arik Airline is one of the airline companies in Nigeria that specializes in domestic flights, Regional flights, and international flights. The company helps you to make an online booking for your flights to and From Nigeria and West Africa.
If you intend to travel by Arik Air follow these procedures to book your flight;
- Visit https://www.ArikAir.com
- On the website page, you will see Flight Tickets-booking form you will need to fill and submit online. There are two buttons that allow you to choose if the booking is for round trip or a one-way trip. The first row in the form is the “FLYING FROM” button. Use the row to choose the location you will be entering the flight from. This will open a list of cities with Airports that Arik Air covers (Lagos, Abuja, PortHarcourt, Asaba, Benin, Ilorin, Jos, Kano, Yola,), choose the right city from the list of options. If you cannot see the city in the options, you can try other travelling companies’ websites.
- The second row in the ticket form is the “FLY TO” button. This button will open a list of options of airports that Arik Air will be landing in (Lagos, Abuja, PortHarcourt, Asaba, Benin, Ilorin, Jos, Kano, Yola,).
- The next row is where you will choose the departure time/date for the flight you want to book. The row title is “DEPARTURE DATE”, click on it and a calendar will show up with available dates for flights. Chose the date you intend to travel from the availability calendar.
- The next row is the “ADULT” button. This will help you select the number of people you are booking the ticket for, if you are booking for you only choose 1 from the list of options that show up when you click the row.
- The next row is the “CHILD” button. Click on the button to select the number of children you are travelling with, if there is none leave the row blank but if you have any young person travelling with you select the “1” option if they are two select the “2” option.
- The last row is the “INFANT” button. This allows you to choose the number of babies if you will be travelling with babies or a baby.
- The last button is the “FLIGHT SEARCH”. This will enable you to search for an available flight based on the details you provided in the form. Click the button to view available flights in your calendar.
- Select your flight from the list of available flights and proceed with the flight booking.
- Input the following in the booking form: your correct passenger details as indicated on your valid ID card, your active email address, etc.
- Choose any additional add-ons such as insurance or more baggage.
- Choose your payment option and make the payment.
- Click the “Confirm” button to receive your flight e-ticket through your email address provided during the booking process.
The above process is the same in all airline online booking platforms. All you need is to follow the process carefully.
There will a slight difference between local flight booking and international flight-booking, this will be in the area of required details in the form.
OTHER WEBSITES YOU CAN BOOK FLIGHTS ONLINE
AIR PEACE AIRLINE @ https://www.flyairpeace.com/
WaKaNOW @ https://www.wakanow.com/en-ng
TRAVELBETA @ https://www.travelbeta.com/
BOOKINGS NIGERIA @ https://bookingsnigeria.com/
ALTERNATIVE AIRLINES @ https://www.alternativeairlines.com/domestic-flights-nigeria
WEGO @ https://www.wego.com.ng/schedules/ng/nigeria-flight-schedules
NIGERIA TO @ http://www.nigeria.to/bookflight.php
FLIGHT SCANNER @ https://www.flightscanner.com.ng/
WHAT YOU NEED TO PRESENT AT THE AIRPORT
If you booked a domestic flight during your travel you will be required to present your original ID card and booking reference number.
For travellers below 16years old, parents/guardian’s written permission and birth certificate will be required.
If you booked for an international flight, your original international passport and other valid documents such as visa, vaccination card, and lots more will be required from you at the airport’s check-in counter.