How to prevent Facebook from accessing your privacy
It could sound impossible to know that Facebook monitors your activities beyond Facebook n your device. In a simple term, Facebook has information of all the apps you are using in your phone. These apps are not Facebook app but apps built for different purposes.
Meanwhile, the fact that Facebook is gaining access to other activities in your mobile device is something most people will not be comfortable with because it could be viewed as a bridge of privacy.
It is very easy to know if your Facebook account is having such bridge of privacy, to know that do the following:
- Click on the Menu Icon with triple horizontal lines
- Go to the privacy and settings and click on it.
- From the list of options that opens, click on the ‘Settings’.
- From the list of options that opens up, scroll down to the ‘Your Facebook Information’ and click on it.
- There will be a dropdown click on the “Off-Facebook activity”.
- The button will take you to a new page showing all the applications you have been accessing with your phone.
At this stage you should be able to see all the applications you have accessed in your Facebook account. The information in the page comprised every activities carried out on the applications in the device.
HOW TO CLEAR YOUR OFF-FACEBOOK ACTIVITY FROM YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
To do that, follow these steps:
- On the “Off-Facebook activity” page, click on the “Clear History” button. This action will clear all the information history in your Facebook account.
- Now that you have successfully removed your data saved in your Facebook account, you can now proceed to prevent further instruction into your privacy by Facebook. To do that, click on “More Options” button.
- From the list of dropdowns, click on “Manage Future Activity” button to unveil other options. This section will give you options to choose how Facebook should manage your information.
- The last page will take you to where you can deactivate your Facebook account settings on future activity storage. Click on the “Manage Future activity button and proceed to the page that has two options: “Future Off-Facebook activity” and “Activity You’ve turned off” and click on the first button “Turn Off” to deactivate the storage capacity.